Saturday, February 27, 2010

2012

So I have never seen the movie 2012, and really I am not all that interested in the subject of the world ending in 2012. But the other day some guy at work told me he had seen the movie and started asking me what I thought about it. I let him down nicely and told him I think it's a load of garbage. Really I just don't know that much about the whole 2012 thing other then the Mayan calendar ends so that means that the world is obviously ending then.

Anyways this guy at work then proceeded to tell me all about these random facts about the first civilizations of the world and all this stuff that scientists discovered, and about how it has been scientifically proven that the world will actually end in 2012. Basically just a load of BS.

But this got me thinking about the end of the world. And really when the world ends weather it is in 2012 or not, does it really matter? I mean most people believe that the world is going to come to an end one day. Weather you think it's because of an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, the earth flipping upside down and us all dying. Heck I dunno. Or if you think it ends when Jesus comes back, the point is people think it's going to end no matter what you believe. But really are you going to change your life dramatically because you think it is going to happen on one day or another. Hopefully people are just given'r with life weather they think the world is ending tomorrow or in three years from now. Thats all I'm saying.

No comments: