Thursday, July 21, 2011

Facundo Cabral

So I was going to read today before going to sleep then a friend of mine posted a link on facebook and I went to read an article on this guy Facundo Cabral. I will leave a link to the whole article at the end if you want to check it out but there was a great quote and story at the start of the article that I just felt like passing on.

After walking for so long in this world, I’ve come to realize that there’s only one religion: love. There’s only one language: the one that comes from heart. There’s only one race: humanity. And there’s only one God, and he’s everywhere…

And here is the story,

One day, God decided to come down to a small town, so he incarnated in the body of a homeless man. He looked for the town shoe repairman and he asked him: “brother, I’m very poor and I don’t have a single coin in my pocket. These are my only sandals and they are old and torn up. Can you please help me fix them?

The shoe repairman said: “I’m tired of everyone coming in and asking for things without giving me anything in return.”

God then said: “I can give you something that you might need.”

Expressing doubt, the shoe repairman replied: “Can you give me a million Dollars that I need so I can be happy?”

God said: “Yes, I can give you ten times more, but I will need something of yours, like your legs.”

The shoe repairman asked: “But what could I do with $10 million if I won’t be able to walk?”

God then said: “Okay, I can give you $100 million in exchange for both of your arms.”

The shoe repairman asked: “But what could I do with $100 million if I won’t be able to eat on my own?”

Then, God gave him one more offer and said: “Well, I can give you $1 billion in exchange for both of your eyes.”

The shoe repairman asked: “But why would I need a $1 billion if I won’t be able see my wife, my children, and my friends?”

God replied by saying: “Oh, my brother! How fortunate you are and you don’t even know it!”


And here is the link to the rest of the article.

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/07/10/influential-antiwar-poet-and-songwriter-facundo-cabral-assassinated-in-guatemala/



No comments: