Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthdays

So generally I am not one to make a big deal about my birthday so that is why I have waited until now (almost a week since turning 22) to tell you about the most amazing birthday that I had planned for me. Let me set the scene, Janelle tells me that she would like to celebrate my birthday with me, I obviously agree informing her that I don't want anything to big or special and it can just be treated like any other day. Ok thats enough background. The day begins...

I wake up Sunday morning and as per usual in keeping the day normal Janelle and I go to church, and "it was good" (I quote this because in church the topic of creation was mentioned, you understand the quotes now). After church Janelle tells me that we must go to her house before meeting up with my family for lunch so that I can receive gifts from her to tell my parents about. We go and I get the coolest gifts ever!!! First I must say I had received an earlier gift of the book Mein Kampf by Hitler (I'm not crazy I needed it for research, and it was given earlier because my paper I needed it for was due before my birthday). Then on that Sunday I have two more gifts awaiting me, first I open up a belt buckle, this is not just any belt buckle, on the buckle is a picture of Rocky and Clubber Lang! Please click the link to see. I'm so excited about this I have not even thought about the fact that there is another gift. I open it and to my amazement it was a picture of my favorite painting, The School of Athens, I can't explain why I like it so much but I just think it's a great representation of how cool it would be to go out and just talk and listen to people share their ideas. Two amazing gifts that show how cultured I have become.

Day goes on and we go out for brunch with my family to buccacinos! Excellent food. After this I still have no idea where we are going. After it seems like we had aimlessly driven around for a while we wind up in front of the Museum. I need to tell you that the Museum is so cool, if you haven't been since elementary school I urge you to go again and relive those field trips and to actually take in what you read. Janelle and I had a great time walking through the museum and playing with the games and experiments in the Science Museum area. After the museum we went to my parents place and had supper with the Malech family. It was eventful as always. After we played a round of Bohnanza with my family, and even though I still have never won at that game I enjoy it every time.

We left my parents and I thought that we were just going to get some cheesecake watch a movie and call it a night. But Janelle insists that we walk to Cousins where we had our first date to cap off the night at a memorable location. To my surprise I am greeted in Cousins by my close friends, it was a the perfect end to a perfect day. Thanks for making my 22'nd birthday incredible and definitely memorable.

No comments: