Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dear TLC,

So although I do not actually watch the show Jon and Kate plus 8 it is nearly impossible to not know what is going on and basically for anyone that has managed not to hear anything about this basically it sounds like they are breaking up for good on the next show.

I would like to start off by saying I think that these shows that TLC does are absolutely ridiculous and is a good thing to get into if you are looking for a way to tear your family apart. Doing the show is the worst thing you can possibly do for the kids because it basically gives them no real life, and several hundred thousand other people following your fake scripted life. Anyways but I have two main problems. 

1. Kate... Now I will admit I watched the season premier of this season just to know what was going on and there is one thing she said that absolutely showed me how much the show had ruined her. Now I believe this was the quote "Regardless what happens the show will go on even if it is just Kate plus 8..." Are you actually serious? You are going to put keeping the show going on in front of keeping your family together... Wow if you didn't already know too much money is no good for anybody you should know now. She is so incredibly selfish in that statement, putting aside everything that really matters so that there can still be a show and she can still be getting money. If she had kids that were old enough I wish that they would tell her off for that. 

2. TLC... I don't know for sure about this one but I am making a rather logical guess here, but keep in mind I can be wrong (although unlikely). I am going to go out on a limb and say that TLC is probably really happy about this potential divorce that is brewing, because their ratings have gone through the rough because of it (unfortunately I also helped in this). It just makes me so mad that major companies like this are more concerned about ratings rather then the people whose lives they are turning into hell because of it. 

If anyone had any logic they would cancel the show as quickly as they can and start putting the kids lives ahead of everything else. It really makes me wonder when a good "non-hollywood" channel like TLC is basically promoting divorce, What were their intentions with the show and the marriage in the first place?

I propose a Jon and Kate boycott to all and then the show will be forced to cancel. 

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I'm with you on the the Kate comment. All she seems to want to do is look good. I think the main problem in the whole show was what she became