Friday, June 6, 2008

Probably Cancer

So I don't hang out with kids every day anymore but that doesn't mean that I don't run into them in the neighborhood. Which is exactly what happened yesterday on my way to Safeway to buy some milk.

(Ryan is walking to by milk)
Kids: WAHAHAHAHA RYAN!!!
(I did not even realize this one girl knew my name but apparently she did and was quite happy to see me)
(It's Jilvan, Shobi and Kessiah, kids who do not actually go to my camp but one of the other camps in the neighborhood)
We go on with regular conversation that a 19 year old may have with grade 3 and 4 kids. Until...
Jilvan: You guys have to come see the dead rat by my house!
Ryan: Sounds pretty gross.
Jilvan: Nope it's just a dead rat.
(We go and turns out the rat is gone)
Jilvan: They must have taken it away, but it's head was crushed, and it already had a lot of hair missing so it probably had cancer already.

I have a feeling after telling that story that it was one of those you had to be there. But I assure you it was really funny, and definitely put a smile on my face.

1 comment:

AKH said...

Aww cute!

So I am thinking that since you have so much experience with kids...you should hang around with me and the kids in the Northh End during the year sometimes...then the stories wouldn't have to end..just new kids...what do you think?