Sunday, March 2, 2008

Untitled

So the other day I went to a commissioning service for two good friends of mine that were going to Japan with the TREK program, and it was really good. Like a church service I suppose, really good worship including someone who was amazing at the Drums, like bongos, but not called that I think Djembe but I am not sure how to spell that.

Anyways later on we prayed for the groups that were heading out, makes sense, I am down for praying for people that are going out to Spread the good news. So everyone is taking a turn praying then one guy prays for the people of Japan that their hearts would be touched by the girls heading out. That is all cool, but then he goes on to say things like the whole nation is lost, and it is such a dark place, and other things along the same line. Things like that really confuse me, now I don't know a lot about Japan, or Christianity in Japan. But it really confuses me when people pray about a full nation, or a whole city of lost people. I just don't get it, I am sure there are some people that are very much in the dark, but the whole country? Really?

Maybe I am way off on that and people completely disagree, but I just don't understand people praying for the completely in the dark cities, or completely lost nations, I am pretty sure that there must be some people that don't fit in that category. Again I could be way off. It just sounds a little bit weird to me sometimes.

1 comment:

AKH said...

Hmm well interesting thought Ryan. But the guy that prayed that is actually Japanese. And Japan is a very dark nation. You can sense how spiritually dead and dark it is. There is one Church for every 16 000 people. That is not very many. And the Churches that are in existance have anywhere from 20-40 people. I know it may sound weird to pray that, but I would say it is a legitimate prayer. People don't seem to think that they need God, yet they spend their entire life working, and some are committing suicide because they are so tired and stressed. They need Jesus.