Monday, April 21, 2008

If you would rather..

Intern Retreat 08' - Sun Peaks Resort, British Colombia, Canada

Day 1

- The drive out includes two stops at Tim Hortons
- Arriving at a the amazing destination
- Settlers of Catan (I win)
- We are all introduced to Bohnanza (The Bean Game)
- Playing the "If" game and "Would you rather", to make things easier we decided to combine them
- BBQ
- Hot Tub

Unfortunately this did not come with the downfalls of the long drive out, and it also snowed non-stop. For your Winnipeg child who is used to seeing snow in April in Manitoba, and moved out here to get away from that, I was not impressed.

Day 2

- A day of spiritual refreshment and renewal. Lots of devotional time, and just time to relax and
enjoy God's creation
- A walk around through the village
- Frolicking in the snow, and trying to come up with some good group shots
- Jumping over top of Kristin many times making sure I didn't make the camera
- Settlers of Catan (I win again)
- Bohnanza
- Poker Night (I also win, and bring in the cash, that's three wins this weekend... but who's counting?)

Again another great day with lots of fun and joy to be shared with everyone, again does not come without some downfalls. It once again proceeded to snow all day. And we find out that as fun as games like Settlers and Bohnanza are, it is impossible to play these games without us all getting incredibly upset at each other. So much so that some of us proceed to take some alone time to blow off the steam from the game. This is mostly a Settlers thing, Bohnanza is better for keepings friendships, however I never win as you see, and yet I continue to play and enjoy it. Every time the same thing, I feel that I have a good game, and lose drastically. Weird. After two intense games of hatred and stabbing each other in the back we decide we need a game where no one can affect anyone else in a negative manner. Poker is the game of choice, and we all find out that Debs is either really lucky of has a gambling addiction. Or there is the slight chance she is actually a good poker player. None the less I was able to overcome the odds. But Props to you Debs.

Day 3

- Juno (the movie) in the morning
- Eating lunch
- Bohnanza
- Cleaned up
- Walmart
- Home

Synopsis of Day 3. It went as expected I would say, your typical last day. I once again proceed to enjoy playing Bohnanza and not even get close to winning. Also strangest Wal-Mart trip of my life I have never seen so many people to happy to go to Wally World. Luckily this helps us decide to start planning monthly outings to Wal-Mart. Right On! Even though I don't really understand the hype I fully respect their happiness and joy in the planning of these outings. It will make us tight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're becoming a really entertaining writer, Ryan! I enjoy reading your blog a lot. Reminds me of some of my Bible school adventures and antics. :o)