Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Ideas

So since I have moved to Vancouver one of the things that I have heard a lot of that has been a pretty new idea to me, is this whole "Go Green" idea.

Seems like a good idea to me, I mean why not turn off the lights when you aren't using them, and recycle as much as you can, and get grocery bags that you can re-use. All good ideas. Today the lady preaching at church did a whole sermon on preserving God's earth. I think thats cool, that is why we should preserve it, God gave it to us so let's take care of it right.

I just sometimes think that maybe this isn't as important as some people push it to be, I definitely agree that we should take care of His earth. But maybe before we learn how to take care of his earth we should try to learn more about how to take care of/treat his people. Not just Christians but everyone, since we are all made in His image that would make us all His people.

I just think that sure if we are recycling and doing all this stuff to take care of the earth, but if you can't treat people with respect that everyone should be deserved then perhaps you have your priorities out of place?

No comments: