Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years

So this is a bit late, and I know everyone always expects that on January 1 or 2 that you blog about the past year in review, and talk about the good the bad and the ugly. But I am not doing that because everyone always writes the same thing. That you learned a lot but didn't regret a moment of it, you made new friends lost old ones.... blah blah blah. And the occasional person has found love... strange they found love last year with some one else, and low and behold that person has made them a better person. Anyways I could write that for next year now already. Obviously no one cares to read anything you write when it is like a three page essay, but I hope that in our years in review we could be a bit less vague and predictable.

But that is not what I wanted to blog about, I just wanted to write about how I feel like New Years Eve is always so anti-climactic. I don't know about all the rest of you but I feel like we all count down to midnight, and then the clock strikes twelve and... your still there. I feel like when I hit zero that I should magically be wearing new clothes, or have teleported to a new room or something. But no we are all still there in the same place. Maybe I don't fully understand what I am looking forward to for New Years, if anyone can tell me a way for new years not to be anti-climactic let me know. Thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the anti-climax of it all. Some of our friends said they all stood in a circle holding hands and jumped up and down 9 times (because it's 2009). This delays the anti-climax by about 14 second or so. :o) The other option is drinking - from my observations is aids in making many things more exciting than they really are - not that this is endorsement.

Nathan said...

new years is overrated =D

debs... said...

My New years was sweet....girls vs boys in singstar, chocolate fountain, beer and a sleepover with a fry up the next morning!!

I'm sick of house of pain though and I gave up when New Years hit NYC

Anonymous said...

"Maybe I don't fully understand what I am looking forward to for New Years, if anyone can tell me a way for new years not to be anti-climactic let me know." 12:01 am is just another minute. same as 11:59 pm. what were you looking for in that one I wonder? Or the minute you took to brush your teeth? Or the minute you took to undress tonight? Or the minute... Stop looking forward to nothing and live the minutes while you have them. Live while recalling those you have already lived. Live while dreaming about those to come...that makes each one very climatic, as it is the only one that you have...Happy New Years! (I spent the minutes playing rook, dancing and being modestly capricious)