Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blog Ideas

So today in class I started a new Word Document that I plan to always keep open while I am at my computer, and that folder is called Blog Ideas. So hopefully now I will be able to always think of something to blog about, thus filling my readers fix to read a blog. I will limit my thoughts so I don't use them all in one blog because I don't want you all to be expecting big things everyday.

Today the topic will be my creepy neighbor. Yes... I have a creepy neighbor. And this may become a long story, but that is because every detail is just so important. So let me begin, I really hope you take the time to read the whole thing.

I moved into a new house in October I think it was, and had yet to really look into meeting new people in the neighborhood other then those I already knew (HOLLA!). Then in January everything changed, what started as an innocent friendship became a seeking for a best friend.

Situation: I am shoveling the driveway, and all of a sudden I hear someone yell from across the street. This seemingly friendly figure walks over and starts to make the typical small talk you make with a new neighbor, and eventually you learn a bit about the guy. Here is what I observed and learnt about our neighbor:

1. He is just all around average, height and weight.
2. Stutters a little bit.
3. He is in his early thirties.
4. He still lives with his parents, and does not have a girlfriend. (I don't think he ever has)
5. He is a big talker, not cocky, but can talk forever. 

We continue to talk and eventually he asks me if I play poker, I tell him I dabble a bit. And he proceeds to ask me for my cell number, not wanting to give him my actual number after only a brief meeting, I give him my "cell number" and he leaves, that is the end of our first meeting.

A few weeks pass and I have not seen him for a while, as you have seen in the past list I failed to learn/remember this guys name. So our next meeting comes, and basically he asks if I had gotten any of texts, and obviously I have not and I make up a story about how I just got a new phone number. So he gets me to go inside and get my phone so he can get my number and phone me to make sure that it works. Through this whole process he is always saying my name, which makes me so aware that I do not remember his, eventually he gets my number and it works. Surprise!

Now it has been a few months since we had talked in detail other then the occasional wave while I drive by, but yesterday I get a phone call from an unknown number (No I didn't save his number in my phone)

Neighbor: Hey Ryan, how's it going?
Me: ... Good, How are you?
Neighbor: Going good, it's Peter Your Neighbor.
Me: Oh yea... What's going on? (I definitely did not think his name was Peter)
Peter: Nothing, what have you got going on tonight?
Me:I have volleyball tonight.
Peter: Oh man I am having a Poker Night with the guys tonight. 
Me: Sorry man I can't do it tonight you will have to let me know another time.
Peter: But I am going to Hawaii on Friday, just skip volleyball

HOLD IT

I did not realize I was someone he wanted to see right before he went to Hawaii, I mean seriously he is early 30's and I just turned 20...

Me: Sorry man can't do that.
Peter: Well what days work for you in the future?
Me: Well I pretty much have volleyball until the second week of April.
Peter: That's fine I'm not back from Hawaii until the first week of April.
Me: Ok well let me know next time, gotta go.
Peter: Ok... (He goes on to explain the process and time they usually play poker, and when it is usually arranged by) Cya later.

And that is the last I have heard from Peter. Hopefully there will be many adventures with him to come.  And I sincerely hope you stayed and read this whole post because it is super-duper.


2 comments:

Janice said...

ahhhhhh wow... One of my favourite parts was,

HOLD IT

it didn't have punctuation, it was perfect. And that is so incredibly awkward. What my friend does is he gives the person his number, but just changes one of the digits. So if you have a phone number confrontation, you can just say "oh, you just have my number in wrong". If I was in your shoes, I would literally just tell him straight up that I'd rather not get so friendly. I'm good like that.

Anonymous said...

Ryan! Peter is mentally challenged haha as if you didn't catch onto that! But super annoying, good luck getting rid of him, Paul couldn't get rid of him for the longest time.
PS HOLLA back!!